4.3.11

Excitement

Last night, at my weekly Bible study, we talked about things that makes us come alive and make us truly happy.  Its amazing to think that God made us all so different, and we all find joy in completely different things.  Some people feel they come alive in adreneline rushes, mountain biking, surfing, French ( learning languages), teaching, meeting new people, traveling, music and so much more. It just blows my mind that we, people in general, are so different.. and yet, deep down, we are so similar. We all have the same feelings, struggles, wants, needs, desires, and hopes. 

For myself, I find that I come alive when there is a camera in front of my face. Taking pictures is my drug. I feel the most inspired, creative, happy- almost giddy, when I am behind my lens. It is an amazing thing to be able to freeze a single moment in time with the click of a button. Being able to look back at a picture and remember all the feelings that were behind the photograph is something I find simply amazing. I feel privileged to be able to preserve these special moments and the feelings that go along with them.

The second thing that makes me feel alive is the complete unknown for my future. I absolutely love that I have no clue where I will be and what I will be doing. When I think about what lies ahead for me I almost get choked up from excitement. Last night someone described me as "Someone who wants to punch through the ceiling of life and go into the unknown attic.  Attics are mysterious and hold all sorts of treasures. You want to go after these things." I laughed when I heard this, but spent some thing thinking about it, and yes, this is exactly what I want to do. I want to break the mold. I feel like I want to blow the top off of my life and do things that are completely out of the ordinary, and out of my comfort zone.

So now, I urge you to seek out what makes you the most happy.  Get excited about something. You learn a lot about yourself when you do something that you love.

Get excited! Jump around!

2 comments:

  1. cute blog, totally following! thanks for visiting my blog!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi'ya! frist, i love your blog, and i love how excited you are about your Africa trip!! {i might be going on a YWAM DTS there}. second, your excitement for the future unknown is wonderful, future plans may just be the number one thing that makes me have a little freak out! :)

    oh, and thanks for the follow and your kind words, made.my.day. {and i was at a Beth Moore confrence so thats sayin' something!} :)

    ReplyDelete