31.5.11

The Countdown is On!


The airplane tickets are bought.
Pacsafes for our bags are ordered
Mosquito nets, flashlights, sleeping bags, and water bottles with filters are bought.
Passport and Visa's are ready to go.

The countdown is on.

18 Days until I leave for Uganda and Kenya!


I am so excited, but, I am also getting nervous. This will be the very first time that I have traveled more than a days worth of driving. I have never experienced culture shock, and homesickness. I have never been surrounded with people that don't speak english. I have no clue what to expect. I know that the Lord has called me to Africa, and that He will never give more than I can handle. I'm really praying that I can be prepared for the new things that I will see, eat, do, hear about, and experience.

I have a few things left to do on my to-do list. I need to pick up my perscription for my malaria pills, another memory card for my camera,  and do some clothing shopping. Other than that, I think I am ready.

To me it seems amazing how easily this trip has come together. I know that the Lord worked everything out. Even after going through rough times financially a few months ago, I came out of that time with stronger faith, and extra money that I didn't forsee. I had a full time job handed to me, one that I was able to save up enough money from, and one that I can take time off from. And I have been able to get involved with a few bible studies that will be supporting my friend and I in prayer, which is so good.

There have been learning curves and hurdles in the year of planning this trip, and now I can't believe that we leave in 18 days. I won't be able to blog while I am away. I'm not bringing a computer, but I will journal everything, and write about it all when I get home. And there will definitely be lots of pictures. I am so excited about taking pictures.

xoxo- Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Whoop! I'm so excited for you...have an awesome time in Africa. It will rock your world, no joke.

    ReplyDelete