16.5.11

Confirmation!!


On Friday, a friend and I went to see a concert. It was a free concert at one of the churches in town. We had no clue who the band was, but we went to have a good time. You can now add Zerbin to my list of favorite bands. They were fantastic, and have such a heart for God, and its resonating so strongly in their music. Their tour is called " The Sound of a Million" and the goal of the band is to raise $1 million dollars to give to an organization that wants to end modern day slavery. How cool is that!? Not only are they standing up for something they are passionate about, they are making other people aware of what is going on, and writing amazing music!! Whats not to love?!



(Here us the most exciting part of the night)
At the end of the concert, my friend and I wanted to talk to the band, so we were at the merch table, buying Cd's, and waiting to talk to the guys. Finally it was our turn and I was asking Jason, the lead singer, about the organization they were supporting, and we got onto the subject of slavery. As we were talking he got this really odd look on his face, and all of a sudden he asked if I sing. The question was completely off topic and caught me off guard, but I thought about it, and I said "I sing all the time, just when no one is around". And he said that he had a picture in his head of me surrounded by babies, and singing my heart out to them!! I was completely shocked, but managed to tell him that in a month I was leaving to Kenya to volunteer in an orphanage. He, excitedly, said that was what he saw in the picture in his head.

It is amazing how God speaks to us through other people. I delight in knowing that God can use anyone to speak to someone. I can't stop thinking about it. It came has such a shock. And it was exciting!! It is just confirming that I am on the right path, that I am heading the right direction, and that God is pleased with my decision to follow this path.



No comments:

Post a Comment