13.3.11

I really, really wish the whole world knew.
About Jesus.

It would be a completely different place. There would be a lot more grace, honesty, peace, and hope.

I find it amazing that there are still groups of people that have never heard of the gospel and salvation. They are unreached. Who is going to tell them? They NEED to know. It is life saving information.

Some of the unreached live in our neighbourhoods. They go to our schools, grocery stores, and parks. They could be the person we accidentally bump into at the library.

There have been a few times, when I have felt prompted to share Jesus, but haven't. I have missed an opportunity that could have made a difference for someone. What was I thinking? I was scared to interrupt them, to be a nuisance. I was worried about what they would think of me. After my opportunity passed, I feel guilty.  I feel like I have let my Father down. I pray for more opportunities and for boldness. It is hard to share Jesus. It shouldn't be, but it is.

A lot of times I feel inadequate.. like I won't know what I am talking about. I don't have all the answers. I'm not as wise as I should be.

 But then I remember that Jesus chose me to take on the task of spreading the news about Him. He thinks that I am good enough to share about His most precious gift.
 His Son.

We are all good enough. The Lord trusts us. 
We need to throw fear, and self cautiousness out the window, bite the bullet, and tell people about Jesus. 


These are just some thoughts that have been rambling around my head for a few days. A friend of mine told me that her Pastor was talking to someone who had never heard of Jesus. She was shocked, and I was shocked. To me it just seems second nature to believe in a higher power. Its hard to remember that people may have never heard of the Good News.


So... remember this, the next time you have an opportunity to talk to a stranger..

Until next time,



4 comments:

  1. I think it's especially difficult for us Americans who are so full of the Gospel that it's coming out our ears. We forget that some people right here might be completely closed off from it, and then summarily forget about the people elsewhere in the world.

    Which is, of course, why I'm going to be a missionary. :D Excellent post Elizabeth. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear! What an awesome inspirational post! :DDD

    xx,
    Bleah

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. This is beautiful!

    2. I LOVE that you have "Liz On Top of the World" on your playlist. That soundtrack is SO BEAUTIFUL! I almost used that song in my wedding for the bridal entry. (Not everyone loved it as much as me though!)

    3. So cool that you are going on the mission field. I've been overseas to India and the Philippines several times. Those places really have my heart.

    4. I look forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful post Elizabeth! Isn't it crazy when you realize that there are people here around us who've never heard of Jesus? It's almost hard for me to comprehend, since I've been hearing about Him since I was tiny!
    And who's going to tell them? Well, apparently YOU are, girl!! That is so incredibly awesome :)

    ReplyDelete